Saturday, February 26, 2005

Into the point out of the person

I suddenly finish "Out of the question...into the mystery", from Leonard Sweet.
The book started with a very intriguing reflexion about Abrahan faith test, the author declares a great result in obedience test, but a great failure in relationship test. Sweet brings lot of evidences about Abraham and Isaac that I had never noted, shame on me when I readed just to remember history and not detaily. Shame on me when I discover on many times on my life that I was very obedient to my mission but by detriment of my wife and doughter, this is a great lesson from this book.
While is common to find churches with concerns about jurisdition, excellence, and tasks oriented, I have see them made nice events but lacked on relationships.
Though many of the chapters I was reading like as I have hard a lot before, when I have finished I realize the importance of this matter. Christianity is relationship based, not only with God, not only with brothers, not only to other people, but also to their expression: our world (creation as expression of God) and our arts (our expression). It is good when you see some churches awaking to this reality:
"Being a Christian is more about relationship with God than beliefs about God; more about the presence of God than ther proofs of God; more about intimacy with truth than the tenets of truth; more about knowing God's activities than knowing God's attributes. It is time to move from a religion that seeks to comprehend God to a relationship that seeks to encouter and be a home for God - to move from points and propositions and moralisms to mystery and paradox and participation in the divine life."

No comments: